About Me

My photo
I'm the mother of four children who hopes to raise them to be productive, compassionate, humble citizens of our planet...who will also use their turn signals.

Saturday, April 18, 2020



DAY FOUR:  Chatty

My report card comment from fifth grade had some nice things to say, but ended on a somewhat sour note. I’m sure I was chatty back then, as I can be now, but was it REALLY that bad to warrant a mention? Apparently yes, though I seem to just remember myself as “friendly.”

But what I love most about this gem is the fact that one Johanna White (my mom) went BIG TIME FANCY. This was the year she took calligraphy lessons and she sure as heck wasn’t letting that $15 go to waste! She broke out that ol’ nibbed pen and let it be known that she was taking my behavior SURRIOUS. Like India Ink, italics, “SHE HAS BEEN TOLD” kind of SURRIOUS.

I’ll also point out that this was the year Jo went rogue feminism and signed her own name. Previously, she signed as “Mrs. Donald White.” I’m not kidding. Like women had no name of their own. It’s amazing, really. I like to imagine that she signed this late one night, after washing the cast iron frying pan with SOAP, against orders (*see Day One story). So much history is contained in these little bits of life. ❤️

#the100dayproject
#100daysofstorytelling
#yourstorymatters

No comments: