About Me

My photo
I'm the mother of four children who hopes to raise them to be productive, compassionate, humble citizens of our planet...who will also use their turn signals.

Sunday, May 17, 2020



Day 14 of the 100 Day Project: Noticing

This may look like a regular window, but it's actually a mystical portal for the senses. I took this photo while staying at a tiny little AirBnB in Colmar, France. It's no photographic masterpiece, but it helps me to remember. Maybe it's the fact that window screens are not common in Europe, so you feel much closer to the outdoor surroundings. It gives a great sense of community, nothing between you and your neighbors. I remember hearing the church bells and neighbors speaking in their beautiful language. The sun moving across the sky, drenching the stucco and those gorgeous red tiled roofs. At around 2 am, you'd wake to the smell of bakeries starting their bread for the day. IT WAS LIKE A DREAM. It's hard to go back to sleep with that deliciousness wafting in, but is the most wonderful memory. Whenever I travel, I find myself constantly wondering, "Do these people know how LUCKY they are? Is it just another day, where the details go unnoticed?" Probably. Just as we go about life at a pace that blurs days to years. But photography lets us capture moments and keep them. It really is pretty darn magical. 

No comments: