About Me

My photo
I'm the mother of four children who hopes to raise them to be productive, compassionate, humble citizens of our planet...who will also use their turn signals.

Monday, April 27, 2020


Story #5 of the 100 Day Project: Quarantine Surprise
Because our patients are nearly all COVID positive, I've been distancing as much as humanly possible, outside of work. I sleep in the spare room, don't hug anyone, never wear my scrubs into the house and don't even bring my shoes inside. It's been hard. And Elsie is growing SO fast, I feel as though I'm missing so much. Olivia gave me the sweetest surprise today and came to the patio for a distanced visit. The first time I've seen them in six weeks. We are all making sacrifices in our own way and I hope that, when this is all over, we treasure the "normal" in a way we didn't appreciate before. Maybe the good that comes of this will be that our perspective changes and gratitude grows for the little things we took for granted in 2020 BC (Before COVID).

No comments: