About Me

My photo
I'm the mother of four children who hopes to raise them to be productive, compassionate, humble citizens of our planet...who will also use their turn signals.

Monday, April 27, 2020


Story #9 of the 100 Day Project:  Exercise-ish

Were some people born with an exercise gene? It kinda seems like it sometimes. I think my DNA coded energy, but exercise? Not so much. I’ve taken classes, joined a gym, and enjoy waking and being active, but do I LOVE actual exercising? No. “Runner’s High?” Only when making it to the gate in the nick of time, after a mad dash through the airport.

This leads me to find little ways to fool myself into thinking I can make a difference 5 minutes at a time: Doing push-ups on the countertop, leg lifts while watching travel shows. My latest trick is a $7 rubber band that sits on the counter. While waiting for the microwave or eggs to fry, I can step in and burn a calorie or two. Nowhere near enough to mitigate whatever is coming out of the oven, but it feels like something positive. It’s a cheap and easy way to feel the burn. Just remember to step out of the band before moving to turn off the timer or grab a boiling pot. Don’t ask me how I know this. 

#the100dayproject

#100daysofstorytelling
#yourstorymatters

No comments: