About Me

My photo
I'm the mother of four children who hopes to raise them to be productive, compassionate, humble citizens of our planet...who will also use their turn signals.

Monday, May 09, 2016

It's The Little Things



Well, hello there!  As usual, it's been awhile since I've visited ol' blogland.  When I decided to participate in Ali Edward's photo project, "Week In The Life," I thought it would be a really good reason to jump start this thing.

Week In The Life isn't just about taking pictures.  It's about telling our story.   All the details, the routines, the emotions, the relationships, the props. How often have you looked at an old photo and savored each and every little detail?  It may have been a picture of you and your friends eating cake for your birthday, but it's the wallpaper in your mom's kitchen, the monogrammed sweater your friend was wearing, or the 110 film "look" of the photo with its rounded corners that evoke more memories and tell the best story.

This week is a pretty typical one for this season of our lives.  It involves school for the younger kids, as well as for me, work for Frank and the older kids, household stuff, and some entertaining of friends.  Beyond documenting the events and daily stuff, I've found that Week In The Life also forces you to examine all the bits of life that often become a blur.  Becoming more intentional is a wonderful byproduct of this project!

So without further ado, I give you Week In The Life.

P.S. - Anyone want to place bets at how many times Target is mentioned this week?

No comments: