About Me

My photo
I'm the mother of four children who hopes to raise them to be productive, compassionate, humble citizens of our planet...who will also use their turn signals.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Monday - Week In The Life

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
- John Lennon -

That quote kind of sums up Monday.  Rowan woke up with the creeping crud (a.k.a. a stomach virus), so he pretty much spent the day on the couch.   Got a few things done on my to-do list, but the day mostly consisted of providing ginger ale and back scratching to the boy who was illin'.  Luckily, it was short-lived and he was feeling better in a day.  

Here's a peek into our day - 


It makes not an ounce of sense, but this is how I program my morning alarms.  I also have my car clock set at 16 minutes fast.  Don't ask.  


Time to get Rowan up for school.  


Because it's Monday, the freshly-laundered gym uniform is going back to school.  (Unfortunately, this doesn't happen EVERY Monday...mostly because it doesn't always come home every Friday.  Again, don't ask.) 


Not feeling well means a hoodie and a blanket.  When it's an afghan handmade by your Oma, it's extra cozy.  


Ran to Target for some ginger ale and popsicles.  As evidenced by the bag count, it was the typical "quick run" to Target.  



These flowers on the porch are almost a month old, but still look beautiful and make me smile.  Especially when we've had rain for the last 197 days.  


Having one sick kid and tons of studying seemed like the perfect opportunity to pick up Chinese for dinner.  Won-Ton soup for the boys, sushi for Olivia, and Szechuan veggies for Frank and me.  


While most of my reading lately has consisted of textbooks and lab manuals, I'm enjoying Brene Brown's, "Daring Greatly."  Hopefully it will make it off of the bedside table and on to a shelf before 2017.  Haha.  


A little TV for the boys before sleeping.  There is always some sort of collection lined up on their dresser.  It's a sign of whatever they're into at the moment, but almost always includes Legos.  


More studying for me and then getting to bed shortly after midnight.  I actually STARTED heading for bed around 11:45, but then the "let-me-just" syndrome kicked in.  You know how it goes, "Let me just fold these clothes real quick.  Let me just put in a load of laundry.  Let me just make sure I have stuff for lunches.  Let me just paint the living room."  (BTW, I do love my screensaver pic...the kids in Mexico last summer.  What good memories from that trip.)

I'm happy with what I was able to capture on the first day of WITL.  Rowan being sick is just the reality and illustrates exactly why this project is so perfect at capturing the good, the bad, and the contagious.  

Bring on Tuesday!  





No comments: